Eden Rock Rocks!

Cayman Islands Dive Companies, Cayman Islands Dive Sites, Cayman Islands Shore Diving, Cayman Islands Wall Diving, Little Cayman Diving, Cayman Brac Diving

Postby PatClark » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:13 pm

We tried a boat dive with Divetech and ended up spending most of our time watching other divers getting trained. Great for them, not so great for us. We just wanted to do some fun dives and see the Cayman Islands walls. We'll be using Neptune's again next time.
PatClark

Eden Rock best shore diving

Postby gingertale » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:02 pm

I had a great dive trip in the Caymans, lots of incredible dives. Some of the best diving and even snorkeling I found was right near the center of town at Eden Rock. Caves, tunnels, millions of fish, all make the Eden Rock area the best calm shore diving anywhere on Grand Cayman.
gingertale

Postby FredPoole » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:18 pm

I've seen a lot of complaints from people that seem surprised to find out a company known for dive training is actually doing that. I don't think Divetech makes any claims for recreational diving. They are a specialty dive company for technical divers. They dive to hundreds of feet, use mixed gas, nitrox, and teach save technical diving. People who just want to jump in and look around without bothering to learn anything have lots of other choices, there are dozens of dive companies in the Cayman Islands.
FredPoole

Postby DarolHardy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:28 am

We liked Diving with Divetech. They were doing some training on the boat but it didn't bother us. It was fun being able to do pretty much whatever we wanted while the instructors were off training other divers. I got to 200 feet.
DarolHardy

Postby AlexMc2 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:59 pm

We had a similar experience with Divetech. They had about 8 people doing training on the boat so we never got much attention. I wouldn't mind being on my own except for the extreme depths involved. Some of those walls drop a mile or longer.
AlexMc2

Eden Rock Shore Diving

Postby Layelahey » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello guys! Greetings from Texas. Just had an incredible vacation diving in Grand Cayman. We did our boat dives with Neptunes, a very customer service oriented operator taking only 8 divers. Hungry for more we tried several shore dives, everywhere from the north wall to east end. The east end is way too rough, and the north wall is a mile or so out to the wall so we tried Eden Rock. They have a ladder that goes right into the ocean, then the dive starts immediately, NO SWIM! There are caverns, swim throughs, tunnels, tons of sea life, fish, corals, practically everything we saw on the boat dives.

Anyone wanting good shore diving in Grand Cayman without having to worry about long swims, currents, big waves and dangerous entry and exit conditions will love Eden Rock. They rent all the gear right there with the tanks, and their prices are pretty reasonable.
Layelahey

Eden Rock Shore Diving

Postby BJONES » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:41 pm

We had an incredible time diving with Eden Rock in Grand Cayman. First they finished our certifications, then did some incredible shore diving.

Their instructors are the most patient and safety conscious I've ever seen. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
BJONES

Previous

Return to Cayman Islands Diving