Eden Rock Rocks!

Cayman Islands Dive Companies, Cayman Islands Dive Sites, Cayman Islands Shore Diving, Cayman Islands Wall Diving, Little Cayman Diving, Cayman Brac Diving

Eden Rock Rocks!

Postby Abasco » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:12 am

We did 2 dives at Eden Rock, both were excellent!
Abasco

Eden Rock

Postby CopayRaxy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 am

Eden rock on grand cayman was great for us. They had all the gear right there, charged a fair price, had a good ladder right into a great diving spot. What more could you want?
CopayRaxy

Postby bondsman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:10 pm

We loved Eden Rock. They taught our son to dive and they were very patient and he enjoyed it very much.
bondsman

Postby bodone » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 am

Eden Rock was awesome! They took incredibly good care of us when we learned to dive with them. Their instructors are very patient and made learning to dive the best part of our Cayman Islands vacation.
bodone

Divetech not all that great for regular divers

Postby manerst » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:35 pm

I booked our dives with Divetech, mostly because of the reviews here and other sites. I can see where they are good for technical diving and training, but we are just recreational divers and they kept trying to get us to pay for advanced courses, technical training, all kinds of things we did not want to do. We went to the Caymans to dive and relax, not go to dive school. That should be made more clear. I don't see them on the main website so maybe it's just somebody posting for them on the forums.

NOTE TO ALL RECREATIONAL DIVERS:

Use someone OTHER THAN DIVETECH, unless you want to spend your whole dive vacation doing training and exercises. They are constantly trying to sell you something!
manerst

Postby sortelano » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:11 pm

The only "good reviews" I've see for Divetech are here in the forums, I don't see them recommended or even mentioned in the website. I have never used Divetech but they look like a corporate type of dive company like Red Sail, so I'm not surprised. Diving in the Cayman Islands or just about anywhere else, the smaller dive outfits will have much better diving. It's common sense really, how great can a dive be when you are with 30-50 other people? Rule of thumb, never dive with any company that takes more than 10 divers.
sortelano

Postby lamoume » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 pm

DIvetech is mostly a training, and technical diving company. I don't see them recommended on the website, and they cater to a niche market of technical divers mostly, so not sure why they are getting all the hype around here lately. Even for getting certified or completing a certification, it's better to go with one of the smaller companies without so many people. Red Sail just lost another diver last week, and Divetech is almost the same size of company taking 20 or more people on their boats. They do have good shore diving, maybe the only shore diving where you can get to the north wall on Grand Cayman, but it's a long swim through rough seas, so that is for advanced divers.

For the average recreational diver, places like Neptunes, Off the Wall, and a new company called Living the Dream all take only 8 divers, so you know you're going to be well taken care of.
lamoume

Postby petemiller » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 am

I did my open water dives with Divetech and found them to be very professional. I don't think there is a more technically advanced dive company in the Cayman Islands. They gave stellar service and charged reasonable prices. I don't think they proclaim to be a recreational dive company, so not sure why some people are complaining about going to a technical dive company, called diveTECH and being surprised to find out they are doing their technical diving on the boat. What else would they be doing out there???? There are dozens of recreational dive companies in the Caymans for people who are not interested in furthering their diving skills. I prefer to learn a little something when I go on vacation if I can have fun in the process and Divetech is perfect for that.
petemiller

Postby gordoncel » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Are Divetech and Red Sail the same company, or the same owners? I remember reading Divetech lost a diver a few months back, now another one at Red Sail. They are both big dive companies, compared to most of the small owner operator dive companies on Grand Cayman. I would not dive with either one of them when there are so many other small companies that take only a few people, go to better sites, offer SAFE diving. Why does anyone even dive with the big cattle boat companies anyway, convenience? Marketing? I don't get it.
gordoncel

Eden Rock Rocks!

Postby redbremer » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:26 pm

We just got certified with Eden Rock divers in Grand Cayman and they are the most caring, fun, people I've ever met. After we finished our courses they took us to the most amazing wall dives and shipwrecks I've ever imagined. I highly recommend Eden Rock to anyone getting certified in the Cayman Islands, or just wanting great diving. One thing is to request their overnight visitor boats, so as not to get mixed in with the cruise ship people. They keep them separated, you just have to ask.
redbremer

Next

Return to Cayman Islands Diving