Red Sail

Cayman Islands Dive Companies, Cayman Islands Dive Sites, Cayman Islands Shore Diving, Cayman Islands Wall Diving, Little Cayman Diving, Cayman Brac Diving

Postby Rinietero » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:10 pm

We just had a horrible time with Red Sail. They charge more than any other dive company in the Cayman Islands, pack hordes of people on the boats, go to the worst sites, offer the least options. We found two companies that are much better, Divetech and Living the Dream, both cost much less, go to better sites, take less people. When we tried to cancel the rest of our Red Sail dives because they were packing too many people on the boats with us, they charged us a $200 fee! Guess they get their money by ripping unsuspecting visitors off. Avoid like plague!

Postby Falslesty » Fri May 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Red Sail is not only a cattle call operation, they are responsible for destroying reefs, leaving divers behind on dives, even at night, driving smaller companies out of business, all kinds of corporate corruption, not only in the Cayman Islands but everywhere they operate.

Everyone would be well advised to dive with ANY operation other than Red Sail, in the Cayman Islands or anywhere else.

Thanks to the admins for providing a forum with a little free speech!

Postby jenjen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 am

Here here! Red Sail is the cause of reef destruction around the world. Corporate assembly line diving, with no regard for customer safety, service or how much reef destruction they cause.

Red Sail, a costly cattle boat

Postby ErinBennet » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey all, great forum, I only wish I found it BEFORE our Cayman dive trip. We went with Red Sail and only ended up getting in one extra dive with one of the smaller companies, Living The Dream. Red Sail charged almost twice as much and crammed 30 people on the boat. Living the Dream took as and a few others and went to much better sites.

Living the Dream is one of the best dive companies in the Cayman Islands.

Red Sail is one of the worst dive companies in the Cayman Islands.

Red Sail is the worst

Postby Adouglas » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:28 am

I had the misfortune of diving with Red Sail on my most recent dive trip to Grand Cayman. They were not over crowded for the size of boat when we were there, or about 20 other people on the boat, average. But they did not go to very good dive sites. I requested several sites I had heard about and they had excuses for not ever going to any of them. When we got the bill they charged almost $300 per DAY for me and my wife, just for diving. They added in gratuity and other things that we did not ask for. In my opinion Red Sail is a total rip off. We looked at other dive companies and some charge half of what Red Sail costs. I would never dive with them again.

divers left behind

Postby katelen44 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:00 am

A couple divers got left behind in Florida over the weekend. They got picked up by a private yacht a few miles from shore. It was not Red Sail but a company like them, that puts 30-40 divers on the boat. You never hear of these things happening with the smaller mom and pop operations.

Postby markjen38 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:03 am

I think this happens more often than people like to admit. Red Sail has left divers behind in Aruba, Hawaii, Cayman, and other places that they operate. They use cheap new divemasters, cram too many people on the boat, and don't give a hoot about the people really, they are a big corporation.

Postby JKman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Last week, Red Sail divers in Grand Cayman killed another diver, the 3rd or 4th in less than a year, about as bad as Dive Tek.

Fellow divers, PLEASE, DO NOT DIVE ON CATTLE BOATS!!! They are the most crowded, least safe, inexperienced divemasters, and the highest priced. Some people say they dive with Red Sail for convenience, since they are in their hotels, BUT ALL THE SMALLLER DIVE COMPANIES PICK UP AT THE HOTELS - FREE. So no reason to risk your life, spend your life savings, and dive the worst sites with corporate cattle boats like Red Sail and Dive Tek.

My thanks to the admins of this website for allowing the truth to be told, not like most other sites that censor posts!

Red Sail cattle boat

Postby CealoAmolebo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 am

I agree that Red Sail is a cattle boat, probably the worst dive operation in the Cayman Islands for anyone wanting even remotely personal service. But I do not think they "Killed" any diver, it was probably just another dive accident, like happens all the time in tourist destinations where they are diving nonstop, bound to be some accidents.

We use Neptunes when we dive in Grand Cayman, they are a small family run dive operator only taking 6-8 divers.

Postby emmitfrost » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 am

Are there any more details or updates about the cause of death?

I have to agree that the smaller operations like Off the Wall, Neptunes, Living the Dream, all provide less crowded, more personal, and safer dive trips.

Return to Cayman Islands Diving