Red Sail

Cayman Islands Dive Companies, Cayman Islands Dive Sites, Cayman Islands Shore Diving, Cayman Islands Wall Diving, Little Cayman Diving, Cayman Brac Diving

Postby SBclub » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 am

They are waiting for autopsy report. The family of the diver that died while diving with Red Sail wrote a nice letter to the Cayman Compass.

I mostly wanted to agree with what you already said about the safety of boats that take dozens of people. In the Caymans, and other dive destinations, there will always be some boats that take more, charge more, give less, all usually right at the hotels where many people think they have no choice. But getting picked up at your hotel door by a dive company that does NOT take the huge numbers OR charge ridiculous prices is as easy as booking your dives with one of the operations mentioned, Neptune’s, Off the Wall, anyone that takes no more than 6-8 divers
SBclub

red sail, dive tech all cattle boats

Postby Attenburg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:30 am

Just another cattle boat operation, what would you expect???

There are plenty of mom and pop diving in Grand Cayman, Living the Dream, Neptunes, Off the Wall.

No excuse really to subject anyone to the crowded risky tactics of the likes of Red Sail or Divetech.
Attenburg

Red Sail Kills Another Diver

Postby messeia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Another diver died yesterday with either Red Sail or Divetek, both over crowded cattle call operators. When will people learn??? The big corporate dive companies have the most accidents. It's that simple. When diving in Grand Cayman use one of the smaller customer service and safety oriented dive companies like Off the Wall, Living the Dream, Neptunes, Turtle Divers... Besides being safer, they go to much better sites, spend more time at the sites, unlimited bottom times, and cost 30-40% LESS than Red Sail.
messeia

Postby Perlet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Living the Dream lost a diver too!
Perlet

Red Sail Kills another diver

Postby glovers » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:39 am

That was Off the Wall Divers that lost a diver recently, although Red Sail did lose one a few weeks ago. Off the Wall has "killed" more divers than any other dive company in the Cayman Islands.
glovers

Off the Wall divers has the most diver deaths

Postby Korabine » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Statistically, during a 10 year study, while Red Sail ranks high on the list along with Divetech for diver mortality, Off the Wall divers has the highest diver death rate in the Cayman Islands.

Resource:
http://www.cdnn.info
Korabine

Postby terbandes » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:33 am

It's not just the big cattle call operators like Red Sail and Divetech that have the most diver fatalities, some of the smaller ones like Off the Wall have terrible track records too.

Before diving with ANY company in the Cayman Islands or wherever, do a little research, read some legitimate reviews, like I believe the ones here are, not the sites that moderate and sugar coat their posts.

I have found several excellent dive companies in the Cayman Islands, all with perfect safety records, very small groups, professionally operated.

1. Living the Dream - A new company, but a mom and pop operation that used to work on one of the other Cayman Islands for a huge dive resort, so they know all the best sites and have a lot of experience.
2. Cayman Dive School. An Instructor TRAINING facility, they use instructor trainers instead of divemasters, like the idots fresh out of dive school that places like Divetech and Red Sail use.
3. Cayman Turtle Divers, another new company but the owner worked for other dive companies in the Cayman Isladns for a long time and got tired of workign on cattle boats so started his own company. They only take six divers.
4. Neptunes, been diving in the Cayman Islands for 10 years or longer, never any diver fatalities, only take 8 divers, owners on the boat.

Do a little research for something as important as diving in the Cayman Islands, and not just the Trip Advisor reviews that most of the big companies like Divetech and Red Sail have staff members posting fake reviews. Divetech has been busted many times at Scuba Board for posting their own reviews with fake names, but they still keep coming back. Red Sail has staff members and gives free dives to many of the locals to write fake reviews for them posing as tourists. Ocean Frontiers does the same thing.

Much of what you read on the internet is self serving marketing, nearly 100%. This is one of the few sites I've found to be unmoderated and accurate in their reviews for all the Cayman Isladns dive companies.
terbandes

Postby garfieldrn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I tend to agree. The smaller dive boats, in the Cayman Islands or anywhere, take fewer people so they can take much better care of them. It's that simple. I've been diving with all of the ones you listed except for Livign the Dream and I plan to give them a try next trip to the Caymans.
garfieldrn

Re: Red Sail - Awesome Diving

Postby Notrixdiver » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 am

Posted from IP - 208-168-239-239-dynamic.dsl.candw.ky
Location - Cayman Islands
Probable Source - Red Sail Sports

I have been visiting Grand Cayman for many years and have dived with many operators including Red Sail and I am shocked to read ALL of the following reports about this company. Just because Red Sail are a big company covering all of the watersports activities on island and working out of all of the larger hotels for you all to jump on the "cattle-boat" argument is a pretty weak one. Red Sails dive boats are bigger than any others on the island and I have been on a full boat where there are 20 other divers, when I asked at the dive shop the guy confirmed that this is the maximum amount so comments on 30 - 40 divers in incorrect. The boats are big and even when it is full there is still plenty of space, you can be organised and you don't have to spend the trip sitting on your buddy's knee and we have always been split into smaller groups and buddy pairs. Whilst some are being accused of being "lazy morons" others should bear in mind those who believe they have done the research are factually incorrect!! Lame dive sites?? We have always done the most requested and popular dive sites the same as any other operator!! AND if you are an experienced diver you will understand that in the majority of dive accidents it is usually down to diver error and to blame a company without access to the full fact is pretty naive and slanderous!! I found Red Sail to be professional, friendly, safety conscious I have enjoyed many years of great diving and I would DEFINITELY recommend them :D
Notrixdiver

Re: Red Sail - Cattle Boat Diving

Postby Notrixdiver » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:37 am

Posted from IP - 208-168-239-239-dynamic.dsl.candw.ky
Location - Cayman Islands
Probable Source - Red Sail Sports

I'm sorry but why have you made this assumption? I thought the purpose of this forum was so that everybody could voice their opinion!!
Notrixdiver

PreviousNext

Return to Cayman Islands Diving