Ocean Frontiers

Cayman Islands Dive Companies, Cayman Islands Dive Sites, Cayman Islands Shore Diving, Cayman Islands Wall Diving, Little Cayman Diving, Cayman Brac Diving

Ocean Frontiers

Postby HewexothBoste » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:23 pm

We just found out we paid almost 50% more with Ocean Frontiers than we would have with some of the other places that go to better and MUCH CALMER dive sites. Learn from our mistake!
HewexothBoste

Postby urlremrooom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:30 pm

We just got back and paid $130 for a 2 tank with ocean frontiers on Grand Cayman. Not only that but it was so rough on that part of the island we were almsost thrown off the boat! Check out the west and north sides of grand cayman divnig.
urlremrooom

East End is ROUGH

Postby MoreBottomTime » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:52 am

We did an east end dive with Ocean Frontiers last week and it was so rough we were nearly thrown from the boat. The west, north sides of cayman are much nicer, calmer, safer for diving.
MoreBottomTime

Postby MamnNeese » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:04 pm

We went diving with ocean frontiers on our last trip. They do have good service but their prices are almost TWICE what everyone else in the Cayman Islands charges for diving. And the waters in that part of Grand Cayman are extremely rough most of the time. Two days (out of 5 total) it was way too rough to dive, or even be out in a boat.
MamnNeese

Postby 08XEmaxima » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 am

I agree! We went with Ocean Frontiers for 2 days and it was very rough water, and very expensive prices, for very average diving. The diving was actually better on the north side, even some of the west side sites, and almost half the cost, plus the water is pretty calm.
08XEmaxima

Postby rosette » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:39 pm

The same thing happened to us. The west side is a lot calmer, cheaper and closer to everything. Little Cayman is good too.
rosette

Postby Reokklidda » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

I was hoping some of the information here was wrong, or biased or something so I did dive with Ocean Frontiers for 3 days. One of the days was okay but they do take quite a few people on relatively small boats, so they are somewhat crowded. The part about the water being rough is an understatement. Once we got outside the little barrier wall the seas were at least 6 feet. The small boat rolled and banged on the water and quite a few people got sick.When we got to the dive site the crew kept telling us to get in the water, to feel better. Easier said than done. I was sick most of the time and not able to enjoy the dives. The boat rides out were outright frightening, and I've been on many boats before. If Ocean Frontiers wants to run a top notch dive shop like they say, and charge way more than other cayman dive companies, they should invest in some better boats. There are lots of boats now designed to handle rough seas. I will be diving with a different company, in a different part of the caymans next dive trip.
Reokklidda

Postby Immecoums » Sat May 14, 2011 12:27 pm

We just had a similar experience diving with Ocean Frontiers. I'll be diving with Neptune's next trip.
Immecoums

Postby landersol » Wed May 18, 2011 8:22 am

I was diving in Grand Cayman last week, mostly with Ocean Frontiers. In a word, it was ROUGH. The boat dives were through a lot of rough water. The only shore dive they had around there was a very long swim from the shore through more rough water. Maybe it was just the time of year but with the weather and sea conditions being what they were, there was no diving by boat or shore anywhere around there that we would have considered safe and enjoyable. Next time we'll stay at the west side of Grand Cayman.
landersol

Postby LandMariz » Fri May 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Same problem here with rough seas on the east part of the island with Ocean Frontiers, getting seasick and not getting a refund for the days it was too rough to dive. We ended up staying at the Marriott after 3 days of disappointment and diving with Neptunes. Now THAT was Great!
LandMariz

Next

Return to Cayman Islands Diving