Ocean Frontiers

Cayman Islands Dive Companies, Cayman Islands Dive Sites, Cayman Islands Shore Diving, Cayman Islands Wall Diving, Little Cayman Diving, Cayman Brac Diving

of

Postby Aterve » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Our dives with OF were good but not worth the rough ride and big bucks. We dove the west side of the island twice on the advice of one of the guides there and had an incredible few days with Living The Dream. The west side of Grand Cayman has the best diving, much to see and the waters are so nice and calm.
Aterve

Postby trellenend » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:43 am

I Appreciate all of the information. I was going to give Ocean Frontiers a try for the whole week this time but changed to a different dive operation where the weather is more conducive to diving, and a few days of diving won't end up costing a fortune.
trellenend

Postby Oleterm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:29 am

Help me! I am booked to dive with Ocean Frontiers next month. I want to dive with Divetech or one of the other places that everyone likes. Which is the best?
Oleterm

Postby millerron » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:14 pm

We liked Cobalt Coast.
millerron

Ocean frontiers

Postby christen » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:30 pm

I find it a little misleading of Ocean Frontiers to go around advertising themselves as the best dive company in the Caymans, the best diving in the Caymans, all of the best dive sites, and everything else. THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE ANY SHORE DIVING NEARBY. It is also very rough over there. I have been diving in the Cayman Islands for over 5 years and the best shore diving is the Northwest point area, Eden Rock, and some of the north wall dives if weather is permitting. BUT NONE OF THEM ARE ANYWHERE NEAR OCEAN FRONTIERS.
christen

Postby BillJen01 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 pm

I was diving with Ocean Frontiers last week on my Cayman dive trip and the water out that way is really rough. They don't give any discounts for cancellations either so anyone who gets seasick or can't handle getting tossed around a bit would be better off staying on the much calmer Seven Mile side of Grand Cayman. Ocean Frontiers does not give any warnings about how rough the weather is at that part of Grand Cayman so I am trying to help as many people as possible not learn the hard way like we did. :cry:
BillJen01

Postby torrison » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 am

We stayed at Compass Point in Grand Cayman and were diving with Ocean Frontiers last week and the sea conditions were quite rough. The boats were large enough but they put quite a few people on them, we averaged 15 on ours. With the crowded boats and the bad weather it made for a miserable dive vacation. The one good dive we had was at Eden Rock, on the other side of the island where the water is much calmer.
torrison

Postby arteytalar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:16 am

We had a similar problem, with the waves being too big. Ocean Frontiers wanted to take us out anyway, they don't get paid unless they go out. We knew better. The wind was blowing 30mph+ and the waves were 4-6 feet. They said to come along, it's fine.... yeah right. The people were not "fine" when they got back seasick, most not even diving at the second site. No refunds either. Rip Off!
arteytalar

Postby bensonherst » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:41 pm

I just returned from a less than fulfilling dive trip to Grand Cayman with Ocean Frontiers. I read good reviews on Trip Advisor and thought it would be worth paying 20-30% more for diving on the best reefs with such a popular dive outfit. But I question the source of those reviews now, after diving with them. The reviews and the website here are much more accurate and corresponded to my experiences with them. The water was extremely rough, the boat rocking back and forth the whole time, water splashing in everywhere, pounding seas, you get the picture. Not fun. By the time we got to the dive sites I was too sick to enjoy the dives. Then I find out there are only 2 restaurants within 20 miles or so and neither of them were very good, just expensive. Next time I'll stay on the west side and dive with one of the smaller operations, so I am just hoping others can learn from my mistakes. Ocean Frontiers is very good at marketing and must have a good support system of people going around posting favorable reviews for them because what we experienced was nothing at all like most of the reviews I read before choosing them.
bensonherst

Postby kevinpendergrass » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:48 pm

I really wish I found this website BEFORE our dive trip to the Caymans. We went with Ocean Frontiers based on some other reviews and they were not at all what they advertise, except maybe the part about divemasters diving with them on their day off, I can see that if they get tired of diving in the same place all the time. But for a regular diver, just wanting great diving, Ocean Frontiers is much more expensive than anyone else, packs a lot of people on their boats, and goes to the roughest water I've ever seen in the Caymans. IMHO, the west and north sides of Grand Cayman are way calmer, with more to see at shallower depths, and charge half the price. We did 1 dive on the west side with Neptunes and that was the best dive we had the whole week, costing almost half of what we paid at Ocean Frontiers.
kevinpendergrass

PreviousNext

Return to Cayman Islands Diving